Reef & Rainforest Job Vacancy: Tailor-Made Tour Consultant
About This Role
Are you looking for employment in the specialist tailor-made travel sector? Would you like a job that takes you around the world? Are you keen to work for a long-established, small, friendly tour operator specialising in natural history travel and wildlife tours? Reef & Rainforest is seeking an experienced wildlife and natural history tours sales consultant to join our small, friendly office by the River Dart in the historic town of Totnes, South Devon. We often see seals, cormorants, swans and kingfishers on the river, and the town centre with its independent shops, pubs and restaurants is only a five-minute walk away. The South Hams is a delightful region with rolling hills, coastal walks, beautiful beaches and easy access to Dartmoor. Exeter and Plymouth are around 45 minutes' drive each, and there is a three-hour direct train service from Totnes to London Paddington.
- The position would be full time, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with an hour off for lunch and 20 days paid leave per annum.
- Salary is negotiable but will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- You will be on the staff pension plan, and there may be discretionary bonuses, often paid twice yearly.
- The office enjoys evening slide shows with drinks and regular outings for dinner based on reaching team booking targets (without time limits).
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
- You will need to be articulate with a good command of written and spoken English.
- Have an attractive telephone manner.
- Be numerate.
- Have wide experience of PCs and Microsoft software.
- Be able to operate a website CMS.
- Be outgoing and personable.
- Photographic ability will be definitely advantageous – most of the images in our website were taken in-house. “A picture tells a thousand words.”
- Be familiar with a back office system.
The successful applicant will ideally be a graduate who has:
- Worked in a tailor-made tour operation and sales for a number of years, preferably with a focus on wildlife viewing and safaris.
- Comprehensive knowledge of tourism product in Africa, Asia and South America would be a distinct advantage, as would a demonstrable interest in natural history and a love of wilderness.
Duties are many and varied, and will include:
- Designing, creating and costing of tailor-made itineraries after exhaustive consultation with the client.
- Compiling spreadsheets.
- Developing new itineraries for the website.
- Researching locations.
- Writing blog posts and social media entries.
- Maintaining the website.
- Research trips to our various destinations will be undertaken at least once or twice a year.
- Two weekends annually will be required for attending our stand at retail travel shows.
Benefits of working for us include:
- Competitive salary.
- 20 days paid leave per annum plus all bank holidays.
- Performance related discretionary bonuses, generally paid twice yearly.
- Staff pension plan.
- Travel! Research trips to our various destinations will be undertaken at least once but usually twice a year.
- The chance to live and work in one of the UK's loveliest regions where many come to take their holidays.
- Regular slide shows with drinks followed by dinner at a restaurant.
- A modern office right by the River Dart and close to town.
- A relaxed and friendly work atmosphere.
If you would like to apply for this position please fill in the form below